Yes, chocolate tea! Why cacao husks are the next big thing
Chocolate, vitamins and minerals all in one cup? Count us in! Cacao husks (also known as cacao shells) are set to be big news in Australia and we’re bringing in a new shipment direct from Peru. Here’s what you need to know about using and marketing this amazing natural product.
- About 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries (keeping those free radicals at bay)
- Iron (important for energy and oxygen levels in the body)
- Potassium (excellent for hydration and kidney function)
- Copper (for healthy heart, nerves, immune system and tissue production)
- Vitamins including C and E (who doesn’t love a natural multivitamin?)
- Fibre (for a happy gut), and
- Magnesium (great for heart, muscle and nerve health).
Teavision has a fresh shipment of ACO certified organic cacao husks arriving soon from Peru. These will be available in sizes of 10kg and up from January 2019, and are sure to be snapped up quickly. If you’re keen to offer your customers something new, get in touch with the team.
For all the tips and tea trends we pick up through our global network, subscribe at the bottom of this page for fortnightly updates.
- Amy Bairstow